To protect the pump against the damaging effects of condensates, the fitting of a condensate separator in the intake line of a vacuum pump is recommended. This keeps the lubricating efficiency of the operating fluid and ensure the attainable final pressure. The KAS is provided with a sight glass to show the condensate level.
Corrosive gas version:
- Leak rate of the housing (tested): < 1•10-5 mbar l/s
- Sight glass manufactured in PTCFE
- Operating fluid drain screw manufactured in stainless steel
- Condensate separators cannot be cooled and cannot therefore be used as condensers.
- As a rule, condensate separators are installed in the intake line of a vacuum system or a vacuum pump.
- Where certain applications are involved it is also recommended to fit a condensate separator in the exhaust line.