A machine for thick metal coating deposition through magnetron sputtering.
Purpose: deposition of thick metal coatings on ceramic substrates by thermal evaporation in magnetron discharge. Metal (Cr, Ti, Ta) or dielectric underalyers may be deposited to ensure conductive layer adhesion. In the latter case, resistive losses in microwave circuits are minimized.
- ion-beam cleaning of substrates;
- magnetron sputtering of metal targets;
- magnetron sputtering of magnetic materials (nickel);
- thermal evaporation in magnetron discharge with a high speed of deposition (up to 1 µm/min on a rotating carrousel, up 60 µm full thickness for the whole batch);
- dielectric underlayer deposition (optional);
- II-400 ion source;
- magnetron-400 for metallic (Cr, Ti, Ta) or dielectric underlayer deposition;
- magnetron-400 for thick metal coating deposition (Cu, AG) by thermal evaporation in magnetron discharge;
- magnetron-400 for deposition of a protective Ni layer;
- drum for single- or double-side deposition;
- two plasma-forming gas supply ducts;
- heater (optional).